Background

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What Am I Thinking?

No, really. What have I been thinking? I haven't posted because I didn't think I had anything important to say. Well, It's all important. As a homeschool mom, I have the most important job of my life. Surely the children aren't teaching themselves. I am the most important person in their life at this time. Like little owls perched on the rafters, they quietly watch my every move, hear my every word. Sounds scary, doesn't it? It's not enough to tell them what is expected of them in life. They want to know how I do it. How do I handle certain matters. For the rest of their lives, they will do things influenced by me. From how I answer the phone to how I wash the dishes. How I wake up to how and when I go to bed. I see these things when I see them walk around here each day. If I wake up in a bad mood, they begin their day in a bad mood. If I wake up with a smile in my face and a song in my heart, they do too. I see my beautiful children growing right before my eyes. Lately Brandon wakes early each day and walks into the living room and sits on the sofa. He gives a big hug and an I love you with one of those sleepy smiles and bed hair. He just turned 7, but he's still comfortable enough to come in his undies. He's still my baby. Yes, some days are good and some not so good. Today was one of those. The weather changed on us, so that may have been part of it. They just couldn't get it together enough to do much school. Oh they did some school anyway, but it took a few breaks and a nice walk around the block. The point is, even if this helps no one but myself, remember that they are always learning. Even if it is not straight from books. We are making memories. They are learning to love, be calm, and how not to stress out when things get hectic. Aren't all these social skills?

1 comment:

live4evermom said...

There is always something to learn. Always something they are learning from us. Keep posting, I love reading.