Background

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Art Today

We did some art today. This is a part of Jamie's history lesson also. We studied about the patriot Patrick Henry. This year she is in A Child's Study of Famous Americans. As you can see Brandon participates in this class as well. I like that, it makes the class more fun and much easier to teach.

This is called silhouette art. You shine a light on your subject and trace their silhouette onto black paper then glue onto white. This form of art was mostly popular in the 18th Century.

The 1st picture is Jamie's artwork of me.














This is Brandon's artwork of me.














This next picture is one I did of Jamie.













I hope you can see the small picture. It is of Brandon. Notice his mouth is open. He says it is of him eating.













Hope you enjoyed my new post. I'm trying to have a lot more fun with the kids this year. They are both doing really well.

1 comment:

live4evermom said...

Great job! I love your blog.