Background

Monday, December 17, 2007

My Beautiful Flower

My daughter is like one. I remember when she was born and they put that tiny little baby in my arms. She weighed 5lbs 12ozs. She was like a tiny little bud on a stem. You watch that bud and daily feed and water it, then one day it opens. The color is so fresh and new, you can't help but admire it's beauty. You take care of it to make sure it lasts as long as possible. Carefully checking it for bugs or any kind of problem that may hinder it's life. It was so scary when I held her. All the things that went thru my mind. How was I going to help her grow into a beautiful flower? Seeing her grow into a beautiful girl has been exciting and difficult. Sometimes I don't know if I'm holding her back too much or not. She will be 12 in May. Somedays I look at her and see a beautiful young lady. As though her body is screaming it out to me. Then other days I look at her and something she does, maybe it's the way she laughs, reminds me of the little girl she still is. This weekend we attended a wedding. It was very sweet. I couldn't help but think that one day that may be my little girl. Taking the first dance with her husband, then the second dance with her daddy. Oh believe me I'm in no hurry. It's just that time seems to fly. There are so many things I wish I had more time for. Maybe even some do overs would be nice. Of course that's not going to happen. So I sit, take a deep breath and watch as my little bud begins to blossom...

1 comment:

live4evermom said...

What a great post sis. I loved reading it. I do understand what you mean though about them growing up. It's going by too quickly.