Background

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Huh!!!! (huge sigh)

Today has been one of those days. Ok. I said I would post about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Well, here it is.



Not good, I know. It shows exactly how I feel today. Blah! It was a typical morning. Jamie has been getting up early and coming to the living area dressed and ready to help with breakfast. Joe was already in the kitchen making menudo. Yum! I have to admit I slept in. I didn't wake up until 8:20. Brandon woke up late today too. He was up at 9:30. Brandon wakes up singing. They love to see their daddy in the morning when he gets home from work. I thought everything was going good. UNTIL....(insert JAWS! theme here) the homeschooling mommy calls for students. Aah! Shriek! Scream! Kids start running for cover. Jamie was fine at first. She finished with her journal entry. Then after Brandon was told 3 times to wash up, he finally stomps off crying about the injustice. Jamie takes a break in between each different subject, so I can set Brandon up with his schooling. Well, when he gets back and learns he has to journal, he begins to cry. Again! He doesn't write in his journal. Brandon's is a drawing journal. His topic was: I get angry when... I thought it would help get rid of some of his frustration. Afterward we went for a walk. It was so cold (brr!) and windy. They all practically ran. ha ha! They were ready for more school work. Most of the problem was that I was trying to print some things out and not paying much attention to them. They just couldn't handle it. They were like that all day except when I would get all tyrant on them. I had my ruler in hand the whole time.

Jamie worked on spelling. She had words with sh, ch, and th. Then she had phonics, hard and soft c, hard and soft g. For reading, she had the Legend of Mulan. She was supposed to have an art lesson, but she isn't feeling well. Poor baby!

Brandon worked on reading comprehension. We discussed a story about the rain forest. He had to paint a mural of it. In history, he read about the Incas in South America and had to paint a picture of a silver and gold house. For phonics he read "Rain Day". He even practiced the spelling of words with the long a sound using ay and ai.

Well, That's it for today's school. I'm sooo glad it's over.

1 comment:

live4evermom said...

I was sitting here laughing. heheheh Jaws theme song plays at our house often too. hehehe It sounds like a normal day to me. Glad you made it thru. Now put some of that menudo in the freezer for me next to my tamales. *wink*