Background

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Well, school has been slow going. Too much to do and too many interruptions. Last week I had to make preparations and clean up. We made tamales on Saturday. We really began on Friday. That's when I started putting meat in the crock pot. We also had a grown up sleepover. Mamo is really the tamale maker and she likes to get started at 7am so we can finish and be ready to eat by 5pm. There was no time for school except home ec. hehehe Then the kids can see how much work goes into making tamales. The fruits of our labor can be so worth it. YUM!

Monday we worked on some reading and language arts. Today, the girl was not feeling well, but we did some school anyway. It was really fun and I couldn't wait to post about this. I had heard about online classes given in a webinar. I had never tried them. Science Jim had a free online class thru Currclick. It was fun and informative. Even my 8yr old enjoyed the class. It was on Atoms. It was very cool. I have just a few pictures posted. They didn't take notes, but I did. We did receive some info before we even had the class. Basically it was what he said in a 45 minute class, but on paper. If you ever get the chance to do this, I recommend it. We did not need a webcam for this class. Some do require it though. We were able to ask questions online too. Now don't look at the mess on my desk. hehehe It's about how attentive the kids were during the class. Another good thing was that we didn't have to get all dressed up to go out. It took place right there in front of our monitor. Science Jim was great!

1 comment:

live4evermom said...

I've heard about this and thought of doing it. Maybe one day we will do it too.