Background

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Email and Other Online Reads

I don't know if you're like me, but I sure do get a lot of email. Yes, some of it is from the groups I'm on. Most of it is from online magazines. "What kind?" you ask. All kinds! Mostly homeschool things. I do have a few other things as well. Cooking, decorating, how to's, financial, you name it they are there. I was thinking about this because when I don't look at my email for a day or so, there could be hundreds. I rarely can go a week without looking. I have most of my groups on special notice. The other things seem to come in on a daily basis. I change around and get off email lists all the time of course. As the children have grown and things in life change, so do the emails. I no longer receive anything on preschool or how to homeschool. I have changed other online mags as well. When I begin to realize that I no longer care to look at one, I send a request to be unsubscribed from their list. Then when I look thru the ones I do have and I find an article I think I could use, I print it out and save it in my school planner. I usually just print pieces that I find helpful. Whether it be an idea on organization or tips for teaching handwriting. I use them as reminders. I even print out scriptures and/or supporting materials that I know I will be needing to read again one day. Does it sound like too much? Maybe. I know it helps me to have those things where I will see them. hehe As things keep changing in my life, I will continue getting off some lists and on to others. I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this. hehe

Now for school topic. We read books, worked on some math, did some home ec., and our weekly Bible reading. Nothing really to post about. Just the usual. They are doing well in their subjects and moving right along.

Btw, there is a great picture of a cave on the National Geographic POD on the right side of my blog.

1 comment:

live4evermom said...

Cleaning up. Good for you.