Background

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Time sure does fly by. This week we began working on a new lapbook about the American Indians. We are doing it as an online co-op. Which means that I have to do something each day and hopefully we will finish in 2 weeks. Of course life doesn't always let my plans work on such a timely manner so I think it will end up being 3 weeks. hehehe
The other thing we have been working on is getting our school area cleaned up and organized. I just don't feel motivated unless i can find our books and school desks. The kids have been very excited about it. It made me think about what grocery stores do to get our attention. I have a few friends that work for several stores restocking. They make rounds to different stores changing things out on the shelves. Putting things more accessible and eye catching. This is the same thing I did. We have the same books, shelves, and desks, but because they are placed in a different part of the room, it is more appealing. Today the boy went looking in all the drawers for "new" things to play with. The girl pulled out different books to read. hehehe I am still organizing but making these learning tools easily accessible has giving us a sense of refreshment.
Here's our school area so far.

2 comments:

live4evermom said...

You sure have been working hard. It's looking good. Nothing like a little change to get things motivated.

Unknown said...

What co op are you using online, or is that a calvert thing??

Berta