Background

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Goings On

Here's my girl. She loves that horse.

Isn't he cute?


We have been very busy lately. Our schooling sure has changed. I actually like it ..... a lot. I can't believe it. Me! The queen of perfectionism. I always loved playing school when I was a kid. I remember having a biiiggg chalkboard when I was 6. I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. hehe Of course, that was not the path I chose as a high school graduate. Because I graduated 10th in my class, I thought "riches" was what I needed. Once I had my kids, it was all a different story. I wanted to be with them 24hrs a day. hehehe I just wanted to enjoy them as much as possible. All the while knowing they will be leaving me someday. Hopefully they will look back on this time with fond memories of their mom and their education. So, "what's the big deal?" you ask. Well normally we use Calvert curriculum. I do love it and it is hard to stray. hehehe Lately we have some circumstances that have caused me to take a look at our schooling and our daily life. As we see things in this system (from a worldly standpoint) quickly coming to a crescendo, we see a need for change. The children need to learn to put God 1st. We can do both. Time is so limited these days. There is no way we can do all we need to do in a day. The best thing is to study from our Bible based publications and use them for schooling. I never would have thought I'd be doing that. I guess it's considered unschooling? Maybe there's another term for it. Today, we used our study book to learn punctuation. Of course the older one knows, but the younger still needs practice learning what a complete sentence is. He is only 8 years old. I thought he already knew everything. hehehe Well I will have to explain more thoroughly. Tonight is not the night. It will have to wait. Besides I think I have said enough. Until next time!

2 comments:

live4evermom said...

Things do change. It is nice to see that no matter what change comes our way that we can adjust and find that we love it too. Keep it up!

MasterpieceMom said...

I love it. Another homeschooler broken from a 'boxed curriculum'. Can you say FREEDOM?! :D